||Vehicle leasing Kent, car leasing Kent, car purchase Kent
D G East is one of the most successful independent vehicle suppliers in the UK. The D G East Partnership was established in 2007 from the combined know-how (75 years) of motor industry experience of two seasoned professionals, Denis East and Terry Thorpe. Ever since inception, they have championed the cause for better value for money on behalf of business users and private individuals. Despite the very close relationships with vehicle manufacturers, dealerships and finance companies the D G East Partnership has energetically guarded its independence. As a result you are guaranteed the best value deal available
Please note: Due to his ongoing health issues Denis East relinquished the day to day activities of the business late in 2011. Terry Thorpe took over the Partnership with Denis remaining as a consultant with his valuable experience of the industry
Denis East : Consultant
Terry Thorpe : Partner
- For nearly 40 years Denis East has been involved with Cars and Motor Vehicles. The huge experience and knowledge he brings to this Partnership is founded on this background.
- Sales Manager for HeronDrive and Currie Motors
- Main Board Director GM North London.
- Set up and project managed major Car dealerships including a major retail outlet for Sainburys
- Won many plaudits and awards for developing successful dealerships
- Was top customer services manager recognised by Ford UK
- Represented the Car Industry to the National TV media for many vehicle news stories
- Set up and owned E-Drive Vehicle Consultants in 1988; E-Drive is recognised now to be in the top 3 Vehicle Brokerages
- Received many awards from the top Vehicle Finance Houses
- Written many articles for Fleet publications and has become a specialist expert in Finance principals, Vehicle depreciation rates (Residual Values or RV’s) & predictions, repair costs (garage shenanigans) and typical disposal methods
- Acknowledged to be the “Industry Guru” on the birth of personal Finance within the traditional fleet market (ref:Fleet News 1996)
- Personally designed and commissioned a new software system that was able to quickly calculate if employees were better or worse off to “opt out” of their company supplied car. Released the new product into the Finance market, known simply as “Reflections”. This was the first product in the UK that actually mirrored the traditional “Company car” exactly, including all their “hidden benefits”. The product included the vehicle itself, all Maintenance including servicing, RAC cover, all road tax renewals, Comprehensive motor insurance cover, all for a fixed monthly rental for a 2,3 or 4 year contact period.
- Consultant for Lex Finance sitting on their “Residual value panel “ where future values were predicted (The most important issue for all Finance companies today)
- Tax consultant (17 years) specific to the vehicle industry
- Clients have included N.M.Rothschild Bank, National Republic Bank of New York, Prices Candles, Nokia, Citybank, The TI Group, Lehman Bros, Hyundai Merchant Marine, Café Nero, Goldman Sachs
- Denis sold E-Drive in June 2005 to the OVL group and then set up the D G East Partnership with Terry Thorpe in 2007
- Member of dealer council for Lex Vehicle Finance, Lombard and Leaseplan.
- FSA appointed as qualified to train and record the sale of insurance products related to the vehicle industry
- Member of the ICFM (Institute car fleet management)
- A specialist grass roots expert in cars. From mechanics to insurance through to sales. There is not much that Terry doesn't know about the UK car industry.
- In D G East, Terry utilises his used car market experience and expertise to source the right vehicle for the customer from anywhere in the UK and personally inspects before purchasing.
- He has been a member of a major retail dealer area council and the Regional Unipart dealer group.
- He spent 29 years with his previous dealership, progressing from salesman to general manager, operating a major new vehicle franchise for more than 12 years of that time.
- Qualified as an MOT tester in 1982, and became quality controller for the garage when the system was introduced.
- Carried out accident damage estimating and insurance assessor negotiations.
- Attended many sales training launches for new models and other manufacturer training courses.
- Customer Care Executive from programme outset until franchise relinquished, instrumental in dealership regularly being rated in top 10 nationally for customer care.
- Involved in motorsport for over twenty years, including acting as team co-ordinator for national championship winning teams. See photos below..
- Has built long term business relationships with many customers, of which some, that extend to twenty years.
Website designed and created by Howard Cox
D G East Partnership
Corbins Angley Rd, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 2PL